My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I truly enjoyed stepping into Le Cirque des Reves. It was a magical book full of mystery, illusion, love, and fantasy. While each chapter began from a different perspective, it was a lot of fun to see how each person linked together in some fashion. The chapters were mixed in with excerpts of articles written about the circus, adding yet another layer to the reader’s enjoyment. I loved the circus as the setting of the novel, almost acting as a character itself. Without the circus, the book (and the characters) would cease to exist and flourish. I found myself rooting for Celia and Marco to make it together despite the odds against them. As someone who does not usually appreciate fantasy (except for Harry Potter and similar books), I happily allowed the magic to take hold and sweep me away. I would recommend this book to both men and women alike, ages 14+.
- Books I’m Bringing to the Beach (themodernausten.wordpress.com)
- Staff Review: “The Night Circus” by Erin Morgenstern (slclteens.wordpress.com)
- Book Club Review: The Night Circus (ibrokemyumbrella.com)
- The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern (scifiwritermom.com)
- The Night Circus (ramblingsofanaberrantmind.wordpress.com)
- Alli’s #CBR4 Review #21: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (cannonballread4.wordpress.com)